Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Memorial Birthday for Zoey and Piper

Hello Everyone!!

I am feeling great since my TAC surgery.  I prayed constantly for a speedy recovery because I knew I would have to begin working in my classroom and going to inservices, and I really did not want to depend on pain medication for too long.  It has been one week since leaving Chicago and honestly I can hardly feel my incision anymore.  I have been off all medication for 2 days and I am feeling great!  Walking around, cleaning the house, even going shopping!  God definitely answered my prayers and I could not be happier.

I also have been back in touch with my IVF nurse.  She is so excited to hear from me and let me know how many people at the fertility center are pulling for us.  They have honestly become like family to me, and they all love us so much.  I have started my supplements again and will go in for my prerequisite bloodwork in November.

I am so excited to begin our journey to bringing our living baby into the world.  But I don't want anyone to think I am forgetting about our girls, and I definitely don't want them to be replaced or looked over as we begin the next steps in our lives. 

Zoey and Piper's first birthday will be November 9th.  I can't believe it has been almost a year since losing them.  I really want to have some sort of memorial party for them.  I want to make a tradition for this and celebrate their birthday every year, so they are never forgotten by us and they are known by any of their future siblings.  I am thinking some sort of dinner party, and releasing biodegradable lanterns with messages from each guest written on them.  I know in my heart they are with me always, looking down on me, and I just can't fathom letting their special day go by without memorializing them in some way.

Please let me know if you would be interested in attending my girls' memorial birthday.  I know it may be weird or uncomfortable for some people and I completely understand that.  But they deserve to be recognized and remembered their birthday, living or not.

Thank you all for staying on this wild and crazy ride with me!
Here is a picture of the supplements I will be taking for the next year and a half or so.. yay me..
I am also attaching the blog from which I got the idea about the lanterns.  There are lots of pictures that may explain my idea better than I can.  I sincerely hope you are able to be a part of it!

Paper Lantern Memorial 


No comments:

Post a Comment